Sunday, July 31, 2016

Toddlers and Pregnancy

This weekend has officially started my third trimester. Which would be exhausting enough on its own, but throw a strong-willed 2 year old girl into the mix and it's amazing that I make it through the day. I love my toddler, who I'll call Goose, more than anything, but she is a handful. We've just entered into the "I do it, Mama" phase. Which almost always involves me scrubbing something off the floor or kissing a boo boo. She's excited about her new baby brother even though I'm sure she doesn't fully understand that there will actually be another baby here in a couple of months. While I'm excited about becoming a family of four, it's amazing how much work just one kid is. I have all the respect in the world for the moms who manage several and still keep their sanity. Goose has always been a very demanding little one. She's never satisfied with anyone but mama. Which I love but it can really take a toll on you. She'll be 2.5 when baby Jay gets here, and I imagine the jealousy will be through the roof when she sees how much I'm going to be holding him and nursing him (she is still breastfeeding a couple of times a week right now). I know she's going to be an amazing big sister though. When she's familiar with someone she just has so much love to give. My husband works full time..and then some, so it's usually up to me to keep our home running smoothly and the kid(s) taken care of. Which reminds me..I really need to get baby Jay's nursery started...

No comments:

Post a Comment